Friday, February 20, 2015

Buddy, you're back!

Yup, budbreak in the Orange muscat vines is underway.  My little buddies are returning for another vintage of grapey-goodness and I am happy to see them.  Only about a week earlier than last year, I actually think this is the very same vine that I photographed in February 2014. What an overachiever!
Vinoland's white grapes are all pruned and tied down, (I finished them on Tuesday), and tomorrow I will start on the black grapes. Weather permitting, I plan to prune all this weekend which should keep me on track to get all the pruning done in a timely fashion this year.  Well, that's my plan anyway.
Bud on little buddies!

3 comments:

New Hampshire Wineman said...

VG: With all that pruning does your hand(s) ever hurt, and if so how do you deal with the pain?
Makita

Thomas said...

Bud break!!!!!!!!

In February, those words have quite a different meaning in these parts.

Vinogirl said...

NHW: Yes, but usually only when pruning the Cab (the wood is so hard)...and if I forget to tape my middle finger...and don't use loppers enough.

Tomasso: I checked, it's only a week earlier than last year.