Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Continuing education.

Today, in work, I had to take a test as part of a continuing education programme, (a contrivance of The Wine Institute, lobbyists for the California wine industry).  A new-ish manager had decided that it was important for TWWIAGE to have the most informed staff in the Napa Valley.  "Here is a link, take the test and then give me your certificate," I was told. No discussion, no training, no follow-up.  I am positive that my co-workers and I are now all experts in the field of sustainable winegrowing. Yeah, right.

3 comments:

New Hampshire Wineman said...

Got to appreciate the heading: VINOGiRL ;)

Thud said...

I may take it myself.

Vinogirl said...

NHW: Thankfully, I still subscribe to a print magazine that I can cut up and re-purpose as the odd blackmail/ransom note :)

Thud: Do it, you too could have a fancy certificate with your name on it. It was so easy, even Vinodog 2 could pass it.