Saturday, September 17, 2016

The Black Cat's meow.

This afternoon, Vinomaker and I spent a pleasant couple of hours at Black Cat Vineyard's harvest/wine club pick-up party.  Proprietor, and winemaker, Tracey Reichow was also releasing her 2014 Howell Mountain Zinfandel and 2014 Coombsville Syrah.  I had a quick taste of both new releases, but due to the rather toasty temperature, (it got to 89°F down the road in Vinoland), I stuck with a rosé that was being poured. And lots of water.  Lots of water.  I tasted enough of the Zinfandel, however, to determine that it did pair well with the barbequed ribs, Italian sausage and beef brisket with crispy grits that were being served, yum.
Good fun and good wine.

3 comments:

New Hampshire Wineman said...

Wow! What a recommendation, make it recommendations (from VG 2008: "I can't imagine wanting any red wine combo other than this trio, they are that good.") for a winery's wines, never mind Yelp's visitation five-star reviews! If I ever get back to Napa, I know where I want to go!

Thud said...

Well done Tracey.

Vinogirl said...

NHW: Black Cat Vineyard deserves 5 stars. You should visit next time.

Thud: Tracey always does a great job.