Thursday, October 13, 2016

Cabernet revealed.

I spent most of today leaf pulling in the Cabernet sauvignon vines in preparation for harvest tomorrow.  I got a good look at the fruit as I stripped the leaves away and I'm estimating the crop is a little lighter than last year.  And the vines seem to be shutting down rather early.
The leaf pulling was a very dusty activity, I was filthy by the time I had finished.  The Napa Valley is expecting its first storm-series of the season tomorrow, perfectly timed to coincide with the Cabernet harvest.  It will be a rather soggy harvest event, but at least I, and the grapes, will be clean at the end of it.  Oh well, sigh.

4 comments:

New Hampshire Wineman said...

VG: I've got just the right wine red slicker for you!

Vinogirl said...

NHW: That's a lot of pink/purple. I'd look like a bottle of Beaujolais nouveau!

Thud said...

Glad I missed this one then.

Vinogirl said...

Thud: It was wet, but not cold...so tolerable.