Thursday, October 20, 2016

Pressing business.

Vinomaker and I pressed off a lot of wine this afternoon.  A lot!  (Two batches of St. Helena Cabernet sauvignon and Vinoland's Syrah.)  As usual, Vinomaker had slightly underestimated how juicy the Syrah grapes were and so there was a bit of a scramble to find another container to transport the wine from the crush pad up to Vinoland's modest barrel chai.  It was a busy day.
But not before I had taken a quick jaunt up to Oakville to join my co-workers at TWWIAGE in celebrating the end of Harvest 2016.  The vineyard crew at TWWIAGE had harvested the last grapes back on October 8th.  (TWWIAGE's last tank of Cabernet Sauvignon was pressed off on October 17th and was commemorated with a sparkling wine toast.) Those vineyard lads definitely know how to throw a harvest party: it is by far my favourite celebration of the season. Actually, it will be my only harvest party this year, as I won't be able to make it to the other two that I have been invited to.  I have other pressing engagements.

3 comments:

New Hampshire Wineman said...

VG: The St. Helena Cabernet Sauvignon is yours?
Cheers to you and yours at the end of harvest!

Thud said...

We are a family of puns.

Vinogirl said...

NHW: No, both belong to grower-friends (Clone 7). But they want their own wine to drink - enter Vinomaker.

Thud: Don't know about you, but I can't keep a good pun down.