Wednesday, November 02, 2016

I do like to be beside the seaside.

The weather has been unusually nice whilst I have been home.  Except for a drizzly few hours last Friday it has been dry, sunny and, surprisingly, warmer than average for the time of year.  This morning Thud and I drove over to New Brighton for a coffee.  It was a beautiful autumn morning.
The wind that comes across the Irish Sea into Liverpool Bay, and then up the River Mersey, is often stronger than anything I have ever experienced in the USA.  But with little in the way of wind this morning, just a bracing breeze, I was able to walk a little ways along the promenade and take this photograph.  Oh!  I really do like to be beside the seaside.
Of course, the weather is forecast to turn gangster on Friday, sigh.  But the good weather has meant that I have been able to spend sometime outside with Thud.  Whilst he has been busy building a sandstone wall and a fire pit, I have assisted with raking leaves, feeding chickens and, most importantly, building a bonfire.  Whoo hoo!

6 comments:

Thomas said...

Something about going home that has no equal, especially when it's by the sea.

Vinogirl said...

Tomasso: I love the coast...just as well really, considering that I grew up on an island.

New Hampshire Wineman said...

Home sweet home!!!

Vinogirl said...

NHW: It is sweet :)

Thomas said...

VG:

I grew up in NY City, surrounded by water and of course, we had Coney Island. I could see Europe from the beach ...

Vinogirl said...

Tomasso: I think I waved to you once, but Ireland got in the way :)